Sunday, July 24, 2005

Weight

My heart feels like a weight
That I have to carry everywhere.
Slowing me down with hate,
It is slowly starting to tear.
I can’t just watch and wait
As my heart sadly wilts.
Filling with emotion at a high rate,
All too quickly, it builds.
It withers with every let down,
Crimples with every touch,
And dies when it hits the ground.
My tears hurt so much
As they reach the surface.
My heart cries out pain
When it tries to heal at a pace.
My heart is forever stained
With all the thoughts given to it.
The sun will never shine
Where it is forever dark,
The sun will never warm
The dark places in my heart.

7/22/05


'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
Needs some fixes here and there (aka, new poem that is acutally a "revised" version of the original). I know it's lame, but the last four lines are my favorite ^_^;;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home